Ask Santa Monica College!

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Our Best Answer - How can I prepare to transfer to a four-year university?

Transfer Preparation

To prepare to transfer to a 4-year university, it is important that you make an appointment with a counselor to discuss the requirements for your university and major.

For more information, visit the Transfer Center.

How helpful was this answer?

Suggested Questions

What are the general requirements for F-1 international students to apply to SMC?

What is required to transfer to a private or out-of-state university?

Will the courses I take at SMC transfer to a university?

How do I order official transcripts from SMC?

Can you show me student demographics and transfer statistics?

Ask another question!

Simply enter your question below and click 'Submit'

Note: Ask SMC is a self-service tool to help students find answers to their questions, 24 hours a day. This tool is not a live chat service.

Didn't find your answer?

Contact Us

Admissions (application, adding/dropping, transcripts, holds)

Bursar's Office (pay fees, undo fees, IDs)


Classes Offered

Counseling Questions

Course Selection

Financial Aid

How to Use Corsair Connect

International Student Admission


Passwords and SSO

Tuition and Fees