Ask Santa Monica College!

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Our Best Answer - What is Academic Renewal?

Academic Renewal


Students may petition for academic or progress renewal for substandard or withdrawal coursework, which was subsequently repeated at another institution, in addition to other non-repeated substandard coursework completed at SMC.  Please see Academic and Progress Renewal Policy to review the qualifying criteria. If you meet the criteria, meet with a counselor to start the academic and/or progress renewal process.

How helpful was this answer?

Suggested Questions

What is the Board of Governors (BOG) Enrollment Fee Waiver Satisfactory Academic Progress Information

What is the Academic Renewal and Progress Renewal Policy?

What can I do if I have been harassed or sexually assaulted?

What is the Honor Code?

How do I meet with a Financial Aid Counselor?

Ask another question!

Simply enter your question below and click 'Submit'

Note: Ask SMC is a self-service tool to help students find answers to their questions, 24 hours a day. This tool is not a live chat service.

Didn't find your answer?