Ask Santa Monica College!

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Our Best Answer - How do I request an evaluation of coursework from other institutions?

Evaluation Request for Outside Coursework

If you have completed coursework at another college or university or have Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or CLEP scores, it is important to have the coursework evaluated by a Santa Monica College counselor.

The evaluation will determine if the courses satisfy general education requirements for transfer to UC or CSU campuses, or for an SMC degree.

You can bring your records to meet with a counselor, or you can submit an online request.

How helpful was this answer?

Suggested Questions

Do you accept assessment results from other colleges including other states?

How do I enroll in classes?

How do I pay my fees?

How do I take the assessment tests if I live out of state?

What classes are available for seniors?

Ask another question!

Simply enter your question below and click 'Submit'

Note: Ask SMC is a self-service tool to help students find answers to their questions, 24 hours a day. This tool is not a live chat service.

Didn't find your answer?

Contact Us

Admissions (application, adding/dropping, transcripts, holds)

Bursar's Office (pay fees, undo fees, IDs)


Classes Offered

Counseling Questions

Course Selection

Financial Aid

How to Use Corsair Connect

International Student Admission


Passwords and SSO

Tuition and Fees