Ask Santa Monica College!

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Our Best Answer - Where should I go when I’m sick or injured?

What to Do When Sick or Injured

In an emergency, call 911 or (310) 434-4300 for the campus police. If you are sent by ambulance to a hospital,  you need to get a referral from the Health Center once you are released to process your claim.

In an non-emergency, visit the SMC Health Services Center on campus.  If the center is closed, you may go directly to a doctor approved by the SMC health insurance.

Note: The referral form is needed to process your claim.

For more information, visit Student Health Services Center.

How helpful was this answer?

Suggested Questions

What do I do If I’m sick?

What are the general requirements for F-1 international students to apply to SMC?

Why attend SMC?

How do I declare my major?

How do I access my 1098-T form?

Ask another question!

Simply enter your question below and click 'Submit'

Note: Ask SMC is a self-service tool to help students find answers to their questions, 24 hours a day. This tool is not a live chat service.

Didn't find your answer?

Contact Us

Admissions (application, adding/dropping, transcripts, holds)

Bursar's Office (pay fees, undo fees, IDs)


Classes Offered

Counseling Questions

Course Selection

Financial Aid

How to Use Corsair Connect

International Student Admission


Passwords and SSO

Tuition and Fees