Ask Santa Monica College!

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Our Best Answer - Will the courses I take at SMC transfer to a university?

Transferable Courses

As a regionally accredited institution (WASC), many of the courses offered at SMC will transfer to other institutions. CSU and UC transferable courses are identified on the Schedule of Classes. The Assist website also provides information on how courses transfer to the CSU and UC system. Information on how courses transfer to some private and out-of-state institutions may be obtained from our articulation site. It is always a good idea to consult with a counselor to make sure you are taking the right courses. Lastly, developmental courses (courses below college level) will not transfer.

How helpful was this answer?

Suggested Questions

How do I apply to transfer?

How can I prepare to transfer to a four-year university?

How do I transfer classes from another school to SMC?

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

What are the general requirements for F-1 international students to apply to SMC?

Ask another question!

Simply enter your question below and click 'Submit'

Note: Ask SMC is a self-service tool to help students find answers to their questions, 24 hours a day. This tool is not a live chat service.

Didn't find your answer?

Contact Us

Admissions (application, adding/dropping, transcripts, holds)

Bursar's Office (pay fees, undo fees, IDs)


Classes Offered

Counseling Questions

Course Selection

Financial Aid

How to Use Corsair Connect

International Student Admission


Passwords and SSO

Tuition and Fees