Ask Santa Monica College!

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Our Best Answer - How do I apply to transfer?

How to Apply to Transfer

It is recommended that you first meet with a counselor to make sure you are on track to transfer and to discuss the transfer process. Transferring requires that you complete an admissions application during the application filing period.

Both the University of California (UC) and the California State University (CSU) systems use online applications that can be accessed through their application websites. Many private, as well as some out-of-state universities, use the Common Application to apply for admissions.

For more information, visit the Transfer Center for additional information.

How helpful was this answer?

Suggested Questions

How do I apply to SMC?

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

Can you show me student demographics and transfer statistics?

What is required to transfer to a California State University (CSU) campus?

What are the general requirements for F-1 international students to apply to SMC?

Ask another question!

Simply enter your question below and click 'Submit'

Note: Ask SMC is a self-service tool to help students find answers to their questions, 24 hours a day. This tool is not a live chat service.

Didn't find your answer?

Contact Us

Admissions (application, adding/dropping, transcripts, holds)

Bursar's Office (pay fees, undo fees, IDs)


Classes Offered

Counseling Questions

Course Selection

Financial Aid

How to Use Corsair Connect

International Student Admission


Passwords and SSO

Tuition and Fees