Ask Santa Monica College!

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Our Best Answer - Do you have continuing education or community education?

Continuing Education and Community Education

SMC’s noncredit Continuing Education provides adult education and noncredit, support special population adult learners in the areas of basic and secondary education, English as a second language (ESL), short-term vocational training (including Career Technical Education programs), workforce preparation, programs and activities for older adults, and programs and services for students with disabilities.

The programs — combined with noncredit student support services — provides the community with free enrollment and flexible course offerings leading to academic and career pathways.

There is also Community Education at SMC. Community Education offers short term, not-for-credit classes to community members who wish to explore personal interests or professional career enhancement courses. Courses range from Real Estate, Computer and Web Design, Social Media to Arts and Crafts, and Day Trips.


How helpful was this answer?

Suggested Questions

Can I attend SMC and another local community college and get financial aid from SMC for my enrollment at both schools?

Do I have to "do well" in school to receive Federal Financial Aid?

Does SMC offer study abroad programs?

What can I do if I have been harassed or sexually assaulted?

Can you show me student demographics and transfer statistics?

Ask another question!

Simply enter your question below and click 'Submit'

Note: Ask SMC is a self-service tool to help students find answers to their questions, 24 hours a day. This tool is not a live chat service.

Didn't find your answer?

Contact Us

Admissions (application, adding/dropping, transcripts, holds)

Bursar's Office (pay fees, undo fees, IDs)


Classes Offered

Counseling Questions

Course Selection

Financial Aid

How to Use Corsair Connect

International Student Admission


Passwords and SSO

Tuition and Fees