Ask Santa Monica College!

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Our Best Answer - How do I meet with a Financial Aid Counselor?

Financial Aid Counseling

If you have been disqualified from receiving financial aid, either for exceeding the maximum time-frame or for failing to meet the GPA or pace (completion rate) standards, you are entitled to go through the appeal process for financial aid reinstatement.

Step 1 of this process requires that you meet with a Financial Aid Academic Counselor. Be prepared to discuss your specific educational goal (AA, vocational certificate, or transfer) and major at the meeting with the counselor. Together you will create a Financial Aid Educational Plan. Counseling will be on a drop-in basis. Please click here to view their schedule.

How helpful was this answer?

Suggested Questions

How can I meet with a counselor?

What types of Federal Financial Aid are available?

How can I contact a staff member or department?

Do I have to attend any "entrance" or "exit" loan workshops or meetings?

What if I drop any or all of my classes?

Ask another question!

Simply enter your question below and click 'Submit'

Note: Ask SMC is a self-service tool to help students find answers to their questions, 24 hours a day. This tool is not a live chat service.

Didn't find your answer?