Ask Santa Monica College!

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Our Best Answer - How do I request a leave of absence from SMC?

Leave of absence or Withdrawing from school

SMC does not formally grant leaves of absence for students. You simply need to drop your courses by the Late Withdrawal deadline (noted on your class schedule in Corsair Connect).

How helpful was this answer?

Suggested Questions

Why attend SMC?

What is the class attendance policy?

How do I drop a class?

What are General Education (GE) requirements?

How do I take the assessment tests if I live out of state?

Ask another question!

Simply enter your question below and click 'Submit'

Note: Ask SMC is a self-service tool to help students find answers to their questions, 24 hours a day. This tool is not a live chat service.

Didn't find your answer?

Contact Us

Admissions (application, adding/dropping, transcripts, holds)

Bursar's Office (pay fees, undo fees, IDs)


Classes Offered

Counseling Questions

Course Selection

Financial Aid

How to Use Corsair Connect

International Student Admission


Passwords and SSO

Tuition and Fees