Ask Santa Monica College!

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Our Best Answer - How do I declare my major?

You may change or declare your major through Corsair Connect (click the Enrollment tab, then “Student Profile”) and by creating a student education plan with that major using MyEdPlan. Ensure you designate this education plan as your primary plan.

SMC does not offer minors, however, students may complete any program of study (Associate degree or certificate) available at the college.

How helpful was this answer?

Suggested Questions

What is required to transfer to a University of California (UC) campus?

How can I access my unofficial transcripts and grades?

How do I view my payment history?

How do I access my student records?

How do I pay my fees?

Ask another question!

Simply enter your question below and click 'Submit'

Note: Ask SMC is a self-service tool to help students find answers to their questions, 24 hours a day. This tool is not a live chat service.

Didn't find your answer?

Contact Us

Admissions (application, adding/dropping, transcripts, holds)

Bursar's Office (pay fees, undo fees, IDs)


Classes Offered

Counseling Questions

Course Selection

Financial Aid

How to Use Corsair Connect

International Student Admission


Passwords and SSO

Tuition and Fees