Ask Santa Monica College!

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Our Best Answer - How do I apply for Financial Aid?

Applying for Financial Aid

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step toward applying and getting federal aid for college, career school, or graduate school. Santa Monica College will use your FAFSA data to determine your eligibility for federal, state and school aid. All students are encouraged to complete and submit a FAFSA by March 2nd of each year. The FAFSA application is free. The SMC FAFSA school code is 001286.

If you are an undocumented student/AB-540 student, check with the Financial Aid Office and inform yourself about the California Dream Act.


How helpful was this answer?

Suggested Questions

What types of Federal Financial Aid are available?

How do I apply to SMC?

What is a California College Promise Grant?

Can you show me student demographics and transfer statistics?

How long will it take to process a loan application?

Ask another question!

Simply enter your question below and click 'Submit'

Note: Ask SMC is a self-service tool to help students find answers to their questions, 24 hours a day. This tool is not a live chat service.

Didn't find your answer?

Contact Us

Admissions (application, adding/dropping, transcripts, holds)

Bursar's Office (pay fees, undo fees, IDs)


Classes Offered

Counseling Questions

Course Selection

Financial Aid

How to Use Corsair Connect

International Student Admission


Passwords and SSO

Tuition and Fees